Completely customisable to any shape, any size
All our mattresses are foam encapsulated - meaning no metal work is against the hull, bed base or fiddles - reducing chafing and increasing the life of the boat mattress
Unlike other UK mattress suppliers, ship shape mattresses are entirely hand made in the UK. This allows us to make any size, shape, angle or curve, creating a very precise fit for your bed. The mattresses are made to market leading tolerances meaning that they will fit the boats carpentry perfectly
Every mattress highly breathable and marinized for specific marine use
All our covers are removable and washable with a breathable, non-slip, rubberised base
No uncomfortable piping or binding down the middle of splits or when two mattresses are abutting e.g. in the V berth of a yacht
Breather holes as standard to prevent condensation
Only top-quality fire retardant components are used
The biggest benefit of hand making mattresses is that we can ensure there are no significant gaps down the middle on the split line and no uncomfortable 'double tram lines' where the two rows of piping or binding come together (as shown below). We make the mattress as a whole unit and then split it. This means that we are confident that the pieces will fit flush together which means that we never recommend having a zipped or Velcro join. Our split mattresses are made with comfort in mind, so we ensure there are no gaps or piping down the middle line, giving it a seamless feel and allowing you a good night’s sleep!
Ship Shape Bedding Split Mattress ensure a seamless fit
with no gaps or uncomfortable double piping down the centre!
Made with Marine in Mind
Designed for marine use, our mattresses are not only comfortable and supportive but have marine qualities that a normal mattress supplier may not consider. Just a few of the elements that make Ship Shape mattresses marine-friendly include:
- All pocket sprung mattresses are made with marinized bronzed rode edging, ensuring that the springs are firmly hold their shape for years and that metal doesn't rust or degrade in a damp environment
- Butterfly springs are placed in high traffic areas such as access points on your sprung mattress to retain spring shape within the mattress
- All our mattresses come with a breathable, rubberised base, promoting air-flow, long life and also preventing the mattress from slipping when well heeled
- Breather holes are fitted to the open sides of the mattress, letting the air flow and helping to prevent damp and condensation
- All our mattresses are finished in a wide range of fabrics which are hard wearing, FR and Water Resistant which are perfect for the often-rough use on board
- Side handles are available for easy manoeuvring the mattresses in tight cabin spaces
Often over-looked but VERY important!
All of our mattress come with handmade removable, washable covers for easy and convenient cleaning - increasing the longevity of your mattress by keeping it in a good, clean condition which importantly adds value when you sell your boat in the future.
The mattresses are zipped along 2 sides to allow for quick and easy removal and replacement in tight cabin spaces. To see specific fabric care instructions, please click here.
Don't just take our word for it, read our Customer Reviews to see what our customers have to say!