Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers and can then help deliver the required details.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
Ship Shape Bedding uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- Analytics - We anonymously measure your use of this website to improve your experience and the effectiveness of our website.
- Social media - Facebook, Twitter and other social websites need to know who you are to work properly
- Shopping Cart - Our ecommerce system will store information about your cart and products so that we can improve your shopping experience.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies, although this is likely to be detrimental to the performance of this and other websites.
- In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
- In Google Chrome, you can refuse to accept cookies by clicking on "Settings", "Advanced", under privacy and security click "Content Settings", "Cookies", and turn off "Allow sites to save and read cookie data"
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.